The perfect gift to the host of a party.
I’ve used this Lakeland recipe for peppermint creams many times when wanting to take something homemade and useful for the hostess.
- 1 egg white,
- 1/2 lemon, juice only,
- 1 tsp peppermint extract,
- 425g icing sugar,
- 175g dark chocolate,
1. Whisk the egg white in a bowl until stiff peaks are formed when the whisk is removed. Slowly whisk in the lemon juice, peppermint extract and icing sugar until a stiff paste is achieved.
2. Tip the mixture onto a work surfacem liberally dusted with icing sugar. Roll out thinly.
3. Use a small round cutter (5cm / 2in) to shape the creams, then place them onto a baking tray and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, until they have set.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, but don’t let the bowl touch the water.
5. Dip each peppermint cream into the chocolate until half covered. Set aside the peppermint creams on a baking tray. Chill until set.